Niagara Falls, Canada is widely known as the Honeymoon Capital of the World but it’s also an amazing place to say your vows! With so many options to choose from, it’s worth considering eloping in Niagara.
There’s only a few short things you need to actually get married in Niagara
- your partner (definitely can’t do this alone!). And thankfully in Canada, LOVE IS LOVE – LGBTQ weddings are LEGAL and that is a beautiful thing :)
- a marriage license – you can get one at Niagara Falls city hall for just $125. See more on the Niagara Tourism page (and you may just recognize a couple of photos!)
- an officiant – we have lots of wonderful people here who marry people and will come to wherever you want to get married. Some of the people I love working with include The Wedding Company with Rev Derek, Creekside Ceremonies with Elsie Cartmell, White Orchid Wedding Officiants, Rev Natalie Haig, and the team at Cathy Davis & Co.
- and two witnesses to make it legal (or just one plus me!)
The next thing you need is the perfect location. Niagara region has amazing spots for every vision. From wineries and breweries to the Falls itself, the possibilities are endless. Check out these popular spots
- Hornblower – yep, you can get married right on the boat! And if you choose the last trip of the evening, you get the added bonus of the nightly fireworks (when they are scheduled). Be prepared to get wet but it is such a fun experience as you get up and close to the incredible rush of the falls. And remember that episode of the Office? Any fan would love to recreate that scene!
- Niagara Parks – the incredibly hardworking grounds crews at the Niagara Parks keeps the area stunning with the gardens and properties. The wedding team is incredibly helpful in finding the perfect location and vendors for your day (me included!). Some of the more popular locations include the Botanical Gardens, Dufferin Islands, Queenston Heights, Queenston Chapel, Queen Victoria Place restaurant, Oaks Garden Theatre, and many more.
- Niagara on the Lake Gazebo (Queen’s Royal Park) – just a short drive from the Falls itself is a beautiful little town of Niagara on the Lake. With cute shops, beautiful parks, and amazing wineries, the Gazebo is a great spot to say your vows before enjoying the historic village.
- Vintage Hotels – with a couple of the locations within Niagara on the Lake, these properties are a beautiful choice for those wanting an intimate wedding. The Prince of Wales, Queen’s Landing, and Pillar and Post all offer intimate spaces for smaller weddings.
- Boutique Hotels & Restaurants – these lovely locations offer gorgeous suites and beautiful properties, perfect for the elopement or small wedding. Check out Inn on the Twenty, Oban Inn, 124 on Queen, Old Stone Inn
- Wineries and Breweries – Niagara is renowned for it’s incredible wineries. And with craft breweries on the rise, there is something for everyone. Some of the amazing wineries and breweries include Hare Wine Co, Lundy Manor, Cave Springs, Hernder’s, Sue Ann Staff, Vineland Estates, Riverbend Inn, Konzelmann Winery, Ravine Vineyard, Oast House, Bench Brewery
- St Catharines City Hall – this beautiful building is a great spot for anyone looking to say their I Do’s at the courthouse
- anywhere you want! If you’re looking for something else….a little more off the beaten path or not so popular, I can certainly help you find the perfect location for you if I am documenting your special day.
And it just wouldn’t be the perfect day without amazing images to show to your loved ones! I would love to be considered for your elopement or intimate wedding here in Niagara (or anywhere within Canada). I have rates that include just the hours of coverage and the high resolution images via download that are also in an online viewing gallery to make sharing easy. Get in touch and we’ll chat about this amazing adventure!
Check out the images below for a peek at my work and some of the locations mentioned above!
This is certainly not a complete list and please contact any location mentioned to ensure availability.
Guide To Eloping in Niagara | Niagara Storytelling Weddings and Lifestyle Portraits | Darling Mine Photography | available for the Niagara region, GTA and all of Canada for weddings for romantic, adventurous couples | www.darlingmine.ca email@example.com | for information on booking wedding coverage, see here